Thomas Krappitz

21:43


My images of the skateboarders in Barcelona are very geometric and the colour is also quite signifiant. Whilst researching to find similar images I came across Thomas Krappitz who shot an editorial for Marie Claire italia whose images are remarkably similar in style; 'clashing the fluidity of unrestrained movement against strict, urban lines'. 










The above image is one of my favourites from this series and the most relatable to my own work. The clean lines are juxtaposed by the fluid movements of the dancers. The contrast is heightened by the colour contrasts of the black of the dancers to the clean pale pastels of the buildings and sky. This comparison between subject and background resonates in my own work of the skateboarders. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts