Todays Seminar

16:30


Today we got the opportunity to look at many different examples of books which will help us when creating our own mock up book later in this brief. There was a very big variety of different styles and formats of books, and we got to spend an hour flicking through to see if we found any immediate inspiration.






I found this type in Tim Walker's Storyteller really interesting, the way the type is set out and staggered changes the way the viewer reads it and this manipulation sets the tone for the rest of the book.




My favourite book from today was a cute little booklet made from a single sheet of A4 paper. I love how simple the format is and how detailed the illustrations are. I don't think this layout is suitable for my narrative however it is a great idea for a small travel journal and I really want to make my own version with little doodles and splashes of colour. 



Another interesting idea is this flip book titled power of 10, I hadn't considered a flip book and this works really well around a very clever narrative.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts