Kylie Jenner by Richard Kern

09:47


Although I am not usually a fan of Richard Kern's work, his recent images of Kylie Jenner for the March 2016 issue of Wonderland Magazine caught my eye has something similar to the style of imagery I want to capture in my Narrative. The images feel staged which isn't something I want my images to have, however I really like the styling and locations for the images. 





The styling for this photograph is similar to the styling of my images of my sister and Hannah. Although the model here is posed and looking directly into the camera, whereas I wanted my images to be snapshots of people not engaging totally with the camera; when photographing I will never give direction to my subject but photograph them simply doing what they are doing. 
This image is purposeful, and unnatural despite the styling of the photograph. The photographer and camera is significantly lower than the subject, and she is looking down in a domineering manner. As an insider photographer, I want to portray my friends and the people around me in the way I see them and on the same level as me, rather than communicating a difference between us.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts