Ruth Allen

20:08


Yesterday in my show and tell when I presented my pastel still life and portrait shot it was suggested that I look into the work of Ruth Allen, A south west London based photographer who has experience in weddings, portraits and corporate events.

Allen describes her work as

"Intertwining natural, documentary-style photography with some posed shots to give a perfect combination of photography. My unobtrusive, reportage approach allows me to capture real moments and relationships. Additionally, I bring my own expertise as a celebrity, fashion photographer to produce some posed, staged images that have the feel and quality of a fashion magazine."



What surprised me about these images is that the model is stood so close to the background and that you can clearly see the shadows, something which was picked up on in my own images. Mine was a lot more subtle and therefore could look like something I didn't realise, which is true; whereas it was purposefully done here. 
I really like the styling of the images, the pastel colour palette is consistent and I really like the use of props which complement the soft, playful feel the series has; if the images were styled without the props they would feel more serious and as though something was missing. This is a key reason why I want all my images to include props, as well as linking to the still life counter parts. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts