Being Bolder- Still Life Shoot 1

20:34


Today I shot a test for something a little different, choosing to alter my colour palette towards something more bolder. I am trying to move away from having everything pink; I really like this aesthetic, but I want to be a little different to everyone else and include some brighter, bolder colours within my images. I really liked the final outcome of this shoot, as pictured below. 

I struggled finding an image to work with as I didn't have a backdrop big enough; this meant I had to stitch two images together in post. I also experimented with gels a little, but I struggled to get the colour as I wanted, which looking back probably had something to do with the aperture on my camera. I only managed to get one decent shot from the session, however I am very happy with this single image. It was disheartening only achieving one solid image however this was a learning curve and at least it wasn't a total waste of time. I hope to shoot something similar next week having improved my technical skills. 




After taking this image to a crit, I lined up the blue with the zip on the front of the bag. Before Matt mentioned it I didn't notice but after changing it I totally agree with how much better it looks. It reminds me that still life is really about the nitty gritty specifics and details which bring the image together. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts