Second Portrait Shoot

22:00


This evening I shot my second portrait shoot of the brief, along with some still life. The shoot was primarily supposed to be still life but it turned out quite the opposite, and I have decided to shoot my still life images next week, where I will have more time. My set up was the same as my previous shoot and having a lighting diagram really helped me save a lot of time setting up and meant I could get going quicker. When shooting my models I had them hold the bag which was styled to each outfit; I took a variety of shots, including closely cropped shots of the bag being worn for still life. I really like the outcome of these still life images, as well as the shots of both models together. 



Images 1019-1022 document my struggle with gels and maintaining a constant colour for full length body shots, I experimented with different light positions however I still struggled trying to eliminate all shadows without over exposing the shot. This is a good example of something I should try and achieve before my models are on set as it is unprofessional and time wasting to try and fix a problem with lighting that could have been sorted before. 





The vast majority of my work so far has been pink, which is something I want to break away from a little as its too much and I need more variety in my work. I plan to shoot on location for my next portrait shoot as this will definitely help me to steer away from the one colour and develop my project further. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts