House of Hackney

17:30


When Ellen saw my images yesterday, in particular this landscape below, She thought of House of Hackney, a British interior and fashion and lifestyle brand reworking traditional for a new generation.

There is such a strong juxtaposition between my incredibly minimal images and the busy, highly patterned shots of their campaigns, that they become similar.

Even though the patterns are busy, the composition itself of them isn't; its very simple, a single sofa, cushion, or even less; in the case of the fourth image, where the shot explores a very simple form of asymmetry. The frame on the wall provides a break and distracts the eye from an otherwise very simple image.

The images never totally lack context, whether it be a model putting context onto the bag or a complete set design.







I really like the crop of this image, similar to that of my still life where the focus is purely on the accessory, rather than the model, who my focus will be on for my portraits. 



The A-symmetry in this image compliments the contrasting patterns. I only plan to use one model within my work but I really like the idea of exploring Asymmetry as well as symmetry as seen in Wes Anderson's Grand Budapest Hotel. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts