Matthew Stone

16:44


Yesterday in my 1 to 1 with Ellen she suggested I looked at the work on Matthew stone, a London born photographer, painter, sculpts and performing artist who is most recognisable for his countless iD covers and content, including his most recognisable below. I hadn't heard of him previously but am familiar with some of the covers he has shot.

Ellen suggested me to research into his practice as a route for how I could potentially develop my work in the studio further; digitally manipulating and distorting my models or doing it by hand instead. I did a similar project during my A level photography which I have shown at the bottom. I cut and stuck everything by hand. Looking back on it now looks very amateur, but the principles are still there.









Ellen showed me both Stone's photography and painting to demonstrate a level of consistency across the mediums. I am fascinated by Stone's paintings; where he first paints strokes in 2D, and then photographs them, then using about 7 different softwares, sculpts 3D figures and selectively applies the strokes to the figures. The final image is digitally printed onto Linen. The final outcomes are totally amazing and incredibly beautiful. 

My very amateur A level work 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts