Business Card research

10:02


When I attended the degree show in the summer last year I picked up a few business cards, mainly because I really liked the designs and thought they were cleverly done, (Or that my housemate is the girl with the 'fro) Without realising, I picked up three different cards; two standard but one with curved edges and one with normal, and a square business card.

In my crit on Thursday Sophie was talking about business cards and whether anyone is having an image on it or not. An image is very impactful however it is only as current as that image is your best work; whereas having only text will keep my business cards current and wouldn't date.

In terms of information on my business cards, my name is my brand so I plan to make that clear and the main focus of my business card. I think Hannah Crystals business card reverse is going to be the most similar to my own in terms of content, having a job title I think it pretty key as the other ones give no clue as to their job title.

I like the square design, bit it wouldn't fit comfortably in someone's wallet or purse which is probably where it will live for the first hours of being given to someone at least. But on the other hand it is memorable and different, which could have a positive effect with being contacted because of someone having my business card.

For the purpose of my business cards and having a professional self promotional package including a professional email address. My current address is rebeccajdennis@icloud.com, which is still professional, but I wanted an email address with my website domain. So I went and purchased info@rebeccadennis.co.uk which I think is much more professional, and definitely worth the £20 I spent.




I know I want to use MOO.com to create my business cards, they have options to add gold foil, spot glass and raised spot glass. I want my business card to be really minimal; either same colour on colour or keeping my colours very basic. I think it will be more impactful. I want my business cards to be MOO Luxe, they're more expensive but its much nicer having a thicker paper stock and a higher quality finish. My business card is the first impression for my business and I need to ensure that my first impression is good.

Below are some images of business cards I found on pinterest which I really like and want to emulate on my own business cards.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts