Rough Cut approach 3

14:03


My third approach was taken from my second and the idea that I could recreate a similar effect using more destructive methods, such as using salt, bleach, and acetone. I wanted to have the splattered effect and for the colour to be taken out of the print, completely bleaching it. I had used these methods before, and also burning. I chose not to experiment with burning as it gave me much less control and I didn't see how I could progress my work doing so. Salt had no effect on my print. I tried soaking my print in hot water and rubbing coarse sea salt over the top. In previous times I have seen the salt bleach the image and take off the first layer however something wasn't right and I wanted to progress so I abandoned the salt idea. I concluded that the print quality effects how they then can be destroyed. 


Bleaching again didn't do much to my prints, This could be due to the type of bleach I was using, as I left it on for plenty of time to no avail. Again, in previous experiments bleaching has been successful and has produced some fascinating outcomes, but sadly not for either of my experiments, it can be seen very faintly at certain angles but nothing remotely different happened. 

Lastly using nail polish remover containing acetone, was one I knew would easily take off the first layer of the print, however controlling the process was difficult and I didn't want to ruin my print entirely, and for the image to peel off, but rather just bleach the colour off slightly. This can be seen in the image below, but I wasn't really happy with any outcome from this approach and knew I definitely wouldn't be taking it any further. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts