Rough cut final shoot: Collaborating with textiles design

18:39


I was approached by a textiles student, Daisy Abena, who has recently developed her own line of vibrant silk head scarves, and wanted some images for her website and social media pages. I hadn't yet shot my final images to use in my rough cut brief and thought it would be the perfect time to do so. I had free range to shoot the scarves how I wanted, with the only aim to show them on a model and to make the images reflect the style of her brand. I chose vibrant colour backgrounds to really bring out the colours of the scarves.

I plan to use these images for my final experiments for my rough cut brief, they work really well as a plain image already, but I think I can enhance them nicely with the addition of stitching or painting.

1/160 f/16 ISO 200 Canon 5Ds

I really like the above image and it is my favourite outcome from the shoot. I really like the close crop, however I wish I hadn't chopped off the top of her hair as this really annoys me. The close crop was due to my backgrounds being A1 card. 


1/160 f/16 ISO 200 Canon 5Ds

1/160 f/16 ISO 200 Canon 5Ds

1/160 f/16 ISO 200 Canon 5Ds

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts