Viviane Sassen

18:59


When looking for inspiration for simple, minimal documentary style portraits, Andi suggested I looked into Viviane Sassen. Sassen is a fashion and fine art photographer who is known for her use of geometrical shapes within her work. She has been widely published and exhibited. These two portraits from her series Etan & me are incredibly simple, but I love the colours contrast and the composition, the documentary style and how the angles are used to document from every side. This is something I want to do within my diversity brief, keeping everything very samey but using different angles.


Etan & Me

Paul smith AW15

I chose to include this image here too purply because I love the colours and the fact its a rabbit and not a person. Possibility of including animals in any future still lifes? 

Eres swimwear 

I love the grey and pink together, and the lines in the background remind me of my collages I made for the rough cut brief, Sassen's known for including geometric shapes within her work. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts