Edward Hopper

14:02


I really like the stillness and reflective mood from Hoppers paintings. Hopper was born July 22, 1882 and died May 15, 1967. He was a prominent American realist painter and printmaker. I take time making sure that my images are well composed and all my lines are straight, something which reminds me of his paintings. I want to take more time taking my images and trying to shoot less, concentrating on my compositions more, taking more time with my framing. 




I really like the colour palette here, the blue with the red and the green. The simplicity of the skyline is something I want to have in my images, or no skyline at all, shooting from below so that the backdrop is simply a blue sky. 


This painting is called, 'Office in a small city' I find this title really interesting, making me question whether the painting is of an actual place, or whether Hopper has imagined a world beyond what is depicted in the paintings, and to the extent he becomes attached to each individual works. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts