Lou Rolley

13:14


I came across Lou Rolley's work via the stylist whom she works with. I hadn't heard of her before but her aesthetic really appealed to me.

Another challenge for me is photographing male models and seeing if I can remain consistent when not shooting females as this is something I have always done. I really like the idea of stretching myself and attempting to do so at some point.

The flat lighting is flattering and consistent with my aesthetic, and I really like the inclusion of the chair and the box, it adds a bit of context to the images, in something which would otherwise be totally decontextualised. Something else I really like and would like to use in my own images is having a separate background to the floor; in my studio images I have shot recently I have used one single backdrop for the whole image, or shot from waist upwards.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts